Ridgid OSS part?
Ridged OSS- what are the spec's for the knob that holds the sleeves on the spindle?
A friend makes bandsaw boxes and want to replace the knob with a simple nut so she can sand pieces wider than 4 inches with the smaller sleeves

(07-09-2017, 04:33 PM)goaliedad Wrote: Ridged OSS- what are the spec's for the knob that holds the sleeves on the spindle?
A friend makes bandsaw boxes and want to replace the knob with a simple nut so she can sand pieces wider than 4 inches with the smaller sleeves

Um, you do realize that it has left hand threads, right?

Pretty fine threads. I can measure it if'n you need.

Lemme know
chris
I know it is a lefty. I was hoping that someone knew the thread details. My friend can take the knob to a hardware store and see if they can match it up I guess

You can order replacement parts online. I picked up that sander at a flea market for $10. It was missing a bunch of parts that I was able to order from here

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ridgid-..._8287.html
Read the thread guys. He wants the thread information, tpi, pitch, diameter, etc.

Your friend could bring in the stock knob to a good hardware store and see if the could match it.
I called Ridgid support and spoke to Theresa. She provided the following information.

For the old (gray case) model the thread size is 5/16" x 18 tpi - left hand threads

For the newer (orange case) model the thread size 5/16" x 24 tpi - left hand threads

Bill
Thanks Wjt! That is the info I needed now to find one...hopefully locally

I just picked up the bolt for my orange version sander. 54 cents at my local hardware 5/16. 24 tpi left handed works like s champ. Thanks again