Shop paint type?
I want to paint the ceiling in my shop white, but dunno whether to go with flat, semi-, or gloss.  What say you guys?

Should I paint the walls the same as the ceiling?
Semper fi,
Brad

I prefer flat for ceilings and eggshell for walls.   If you want to scrub the walls then maybe semigloss.  Gloss and semigloss show every defect and reflect light in strange ways.  Flat diffuses light and looks better for ceilings.
WoodNET... the new safespace
I thought so. Thanks!
Semper fi,
Brad

I too like flat for ceilings. Looks smoother and cleaner without shadows from imperfections.

I use satin on walls.
I'm flat ceiling, and eggshell walls "inside" the house. Out in the shop years of practice has taught me that airborne clingers don't attach well to a gloss ceiling, and it makes the shop lighter, lighting wise. I use DC but it isn't near 100% so there are always floaters, clingers, and just plain dust balls that get on everything. I use gloss on top, and semi gloss on the walls, brightest white available. Makes mediocre light good, makes great lighting almost shocking it's so bright, but you can see very well.

A member, well past member maybe, Rhino was well known for his fabled shop clean up. He used his leaf blower with goggles, and a dust mask to blow out everything a few times a year. Before he mentioned it I had been doing the same for 20 years. I'm not that much a clean freak, it really makes seeing your work a lot easier without all the clingers. Try blowing off flat paint, and that is an all day sucker, flies right off the glossy stuff.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW