Li'l help with a boring problem, please?
That really is a lovely project!

I saw some similar products in an Antique Mall this week.   I'm normally not much into live-edge slabs, but this particular design really does look great!

Thanks for showing,
Chris
Chris
(07-28-2017, 01:26 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: Matt, I suggested the second idea as well
Smile

You did a nice job, and it looks better than I thought it would do .... not so sure about that vase (?) perched at the end !!!
Big eek

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks to you and everybody else who commented. I'm tellin' ya, I'm gonna win you over to this industrial chic.
Wink

Truthfully, this is about all that I can manage; my skills aren't up to producing professional looking joinery...yet. I may make a few more of these while I put myself on an hour a day of practicing the basic joints so I can make something with honest to goodness legs.
Smile
If you're gonna be one, be a Big Red One.
(07-28-2017, 12:07 PM)Jim Waldron Wrote: I mostly agree with Derek, but this time, not so much:

Reject boss's wife's design; put off boss's wife, who takes it out on the boss;

Boss is put off by wife's ire, fire's OP's wife;

OP's wife is put off and files for divorce;

OP is forced to sell off all shop tools and materials to pay divorce settlement;

All involved are severely depressed by the episode: more patients for Derek!

Rolleyes

You left out the part about the original poster living in a van down by the river.
(07-28-2017, 02:50 PM)MattP Wrote: Thanks to you and everybody else who commented. I'm tellin' ya, I'm gonna win you over to this industrial chic.
Wink

Truthfully, this is about all that I can manage; my skills aren't up to producing professional looking joinery...yet. I may make a few more of these while I put myself on an hour a day of practicing the basic joints so I can make something with honest to goodness legs.
Smile

Hello Matt;

Any time you can get a commission, and any time you can fulfill a commission with a happy customer - you are doing something right!
Skip

Hey, if the client loves it--and pays up--then it's a win for everybody!

I have to admit that I do like the industrial accents on pieces like this. I think it contrasts nicely with the live edge slabs, especially. Something about the boldness of the contrast between stark, geometrical shapes and naturally flowing shapes. And the contrasting textures don't hurt, either.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop