Looks Like the LN 4-1/2 Bronze is Back
(07-13-2017, 08:08 AM)Mike Brady Wrote: Derek:
Could you tell me which Lee Valley iron you got for your 4-1/2?  Did you have to modify anything for it to work (I would not be willing to modify the plane)?  I was able to get an O-1 iron for it while L-N was still making them.

Mike, it was the Stanley replacement blade. It is thinner than the one made for the Veritas #4 1/2, which is 1/8".

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
Thanks Derek.

By the way, my son has an exchange student coming from Australia to stay with his family for six months.  In January, his daughter will then accompany her back to Australia and stay with that family for six months.
Only 9 left
Uhoh
(07-11-2017, 04:35 PM)hbmcc Wrote: ...but it's like cool sounding resonators on Grandma's Fairlane one of us was lucky enough to inherit...

You need to tell us more about Grandma.  Did she put in a Hurst shifter, too?  Could she be found on that straightaway outside town on Saturday nights, racing for pink slips?