Shop door question
Help me out, please. I have a three car garage. Bay one will be walled off from two and three. The larger area will be my shop.

I'm removing the bay lift mechanism from *one* bay on my side but I don't know which.

My 10" DeWalt RAS will reside between the two, and whichever side I build the extension table for will be the "dead" side.

Would you recommend the left side (as looking at it) or the right?

Why?

I'm thinking the left side (bay two) because it's opposite the motor.
Semper fi,
Brad

Left for me. I am right handed and I unload stock straight onto the saw from my pickup.  I have tables on both sides but only because I have some special operations I do that require right and left support. If I had to give one up it would be right  I can use a roller stand if that is the case 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Yeah, I'm thinking that, too.  I'm left handed, but use it right handed because that's how I was taught. 

I'm thinking maybe a permanent extension to the left and a short pop up on the right so I can still keep that door unblocked when needed.
Semper fi,
Brad

I would also want the extension on the left side. MY RAS sits so that the right side of it is near the TS outfeed table, if I need support on that side (which I do, often) I have a little stand that sits on that outfeed table and matches the height of the RAS table. I have to clamp it down, but that 's not a problem.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.