New Kreg Accu-Cut track saw guide. $80
It looks like Kreg has entered the track saw saw market for less than $80. (You supply the saw)

For that low cash outlay, if it works well and gives a half way clean cut it would be a heck of a bargain.
https://www.infinitytools.com/kreg-accu-...NrEALw_wcB
Telling a man he has too many tools,
is like telling a woman she has too many shoes.
it also does not defeat the saw guard. 

this is probably a good way for those who would like to make good  cuts on a budget without depending on a shop made sled.

It was inevitably going to happen. 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Looks like a good system.  Limited to 48" though according to the video.
(07-12-2017, 12:40 PM)stav Wrote: Looks like a good system.  Limited to 48" though according to the video.

Given the way the kid comes with two sections that have to be assembled, I wonder if a user couldn't buy two kids and make-up a 96" long guide.

And if that is possible, I wonder how straight it would be, and whether it would remain stable enough to pick it up from one side (for example).

If you guys want to send me two kids, I'll get you the answers to those questions, and more.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
(07-12-2017, 01:30 PM)Phil Thien Wrote: Given the way the kid comes with two sections that have to be assembled, I wonder if a user couldn't buy two kids and make-up a 96" long guide.

And if that is possible, I wonder how straight it would be, and whether it would remain stable enough to pick it up from one side (for example).

If you guys want to send me two kids, I'll get you the answers to those questions, and more.

Sorry but I love my kids too much to send them to a stranger.
Im sure these are the same people that have said they got no problem eating cats and dogs but shreek like little girls at the sight of an octopus.jonzz 12/17/13
What if he pays for college?
It has one big benefit over actual track saws in that it can be used with left bladed saws. I keep wanting a track saw but a left bladed one would be much more practical for what i would use a track saw for. 

I still kick myself for not buying that scheppach one on woot a couple years ago for $100.
And they use the same saw I have in the demo! No question it'll work
Smile
Benny

(07-12-2017, 11:32 AM)JGrout Wrote: it also does not defeat the saw guard. 

this is probably a good way for those who would like to make good  cuts on a budget without depending on a shop made sled.

It was inevitably going to happen. 

Joe

Yeah and those shop made sleds are so darn hard to make, weeks I tell ya, long hard days of labor, and don't get me started on the cost of brand new materials you have to buy to make one
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

I took a gamble on a DeWally corded when they first came out, I've bought several, and have flipped all but the current one. After several flips I own mine, 1 long, 2 short tracks, 4 of those clamps, which I never use, and it was paid for from the flips. Gotta love those salad days at Amazon. I still have an old shoe I built for my circ saw, and I will tell you either can make the same exact cut, you just need more understanding of plywood with the old shoe. Plus I can line up the DeWally pretty quick
Wink The shoe would likely be like this Kreg deal, a little wiggling at both ends to get it on course. Clamps?? Didn't notice.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW