Delta jointer
Last fall my wife found an online auction eliminating high school shop equipment. It was at a small town high school an hour north of me. I got an 8" delta jointer, DJ 20 for $600. I thought it was a good deal. I get it home and notice it's got a 3 phase motor. That was not noted anywhere online. Regardless the beast is in good shape it was taken care of. I thought about a phase converter I decided on just getting a new motor and switch everything else I've got is 220 anyway. Got it switched out yesterday it's an absolute beast. I'm about 850 in it now, I don't care though. I put the old motor on Craigslist with the starter panel and switch, $200. Am I out of line?
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
not out of line IMO 

probably right at what they run used when they sell on CL 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

am I out of line asking $200 for the motor? I've sold stuff before and people were beating down my doors to get to it. I want to get rid of it but I don't want to give it away.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
You'll probably find it more difficult to sell a 3 phase motor. Unless the person knows how to operate it, it will not be a take it home and plug and play. Also, unless you have 3 phase power or a converter yourself, the buyer cannot test the motor to ensure they are not buying a $200 paper weight. These things have prevented me from buying decent looking 3 phase motors for far less in the past.
Did you check craigslist for comps?

I see a lot of three-phase motors on craigslist around here (Milwaukee) being sold at substantial discounts over single-phase.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Sounds high to me, but it might be a local market thing. Wait and see...I think you did well getting that converted to single phase for $250, congrats on the new jointer.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I believe 200 for the motor alone is high; throw in the starter box and switch and you should get your money maybe less 10% but I always build that in 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I doubt I'll there's a huge market looking for a 3 phase motor with starter. I'd go $100.

By the way, I would have added a vfd for $200 or less and kept the motor.
If your starter is a Delta LVC, those can be made to work on single phase 220 volt easily enough.  A couple of different heaters is all that's needed.  Those starters sold for the $400.00 price range when Delta quit selling them.
The three phase motor, if a 3450 rpm motor won't sell quickly.  I wish that were different.  Typical LVC (Low voltage control) pictured below.

$200 is not too much, but the likelihood of someone needing it is near zero.  So that's a problem.

I'm actually thinking of converting my lathe back to 3 phase. The person that sold it to me converted it to single phase, but I'm pretty sure I got the original motor from him.