Delta jointer
(07-13-2017, 07:58 AM)stav Wrote: Also, unless you have 3 phase power or a converter yourself, the buyer cannot test the motor to ensure they are not buying a $200 paper weight. These things have prevented me from buying decent looking 3 phase motors for far less in the past.

I'm quoting Stav because he said the same words I thought, and also being not far from Fred am agreeing with his assessment of price. In SW Ohio you would get 25 bux for a running perfect 3 phase, without ability to prove it ran, unless the buyer didn't have a clue about electrical phases you would be lucky to find a buyer. Junk weight guys may take it, but many would want a few bux for their trouble. Strangest part is, many places around here have 3 phase at the street/road, ya just gotta pay em to bring it back to your shop. Makes VFDs and the like look cheeeep
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-13-2017, 05:20 PM)Bob Vaughan Wrote: If your starter is a Delta LVC, those can be made to work on single phase 220 volt easily enough.  A couple of different heaters is all that's needed.  Those starters sold for the $400.00 price range when Delta quit selling them.
The three phase motor, if a 3450 rpm motor won't sell quickly.  I wish that were different.  Typical LVC (Low voltage control) pictured below.

What Bob said-it is how I put single phase motor on my 3 phase Delta jointer. Also, old three phase motors are a dime a dozen in industralized states. i would ask $50 for the motorcand take the first $25 offered.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I've got a cabinet shop I work with on jobs quite often. I'll offer it to him and see what or if he'd give me anything. Otherwise, you've got a point which I'm amazed I didn't see it, if you've got no way to test it you could have a really pretty looking boat anchor.

Sorry for not doing the direct quote. Boat anchor is the term I typically use. Another finish carpenter I work with has an old Senco finish Gun. The one that's cast aluminum and weighs like 100lbs. I always joke with him about a boat anchor weighs less than that thing.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
If you don't get any nibbles on Craigslist or eBay, think about giving the motor to your friend at the cabinet shop as a "thank-you" for the business you've done together in the past. It might bring you more business or access to his facilities if you ever need it. That would be better than stumbling over it in your shop for the next umpteen years.