Router bits
Woodline, MLCS, and a few others are great low priced router bits if going in, your plan is to only use that profile one time in your life. Trying to get multi use from them, or heaven forbid you want to sharpen them, there just isn't enough carbide there to sharpen. That is why they are cheaper, not even close to a better deal, just an alternative if you don't plan to ever use it again. Whiteside, CMT, Freud, and a few others, but they cost more too are going to end up giving you real value. I like Whiteside because they offer a chunk of carbide so that sharpening is reality.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have an Onsrud overarm pin router and Kreg router table, and my router bits have become primarily Whiteside, with few Freud Quadracuts (there are the borg Freuds and the better Freuds).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Not sure if a cheaper Freud with 2 cutters is much different sourced from WoodCraft, K Mart, or some guy at a swap meet. But at WoodCraft they will also have mostly triple wing, and those lovely Quadracuts
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Check out MLCS at :
mlcswoodworking.com
(07-23-2017, 08:50 AM)Steve N Wrote: Not sure if a cheaper Freud with 2 cutters is much different sourced from WoodCraft, K Mart, or some guy at a swap meet. But at WoodCraft they will also have mostly triple wing, and those lovely Quadracuts  
Big Grin

After I had my CNC I learned a lot about chip load and speeds.  A noisy bit is a hunger bit needs to be fed faster 3 and 4 flute bits need spaad