Best wax for furniture?
Brake cleaner will take off any of those gooey coatings they use for container shipping from overseas as well. That is pretty much spray and wipe, no scraper needed. I just did a Griz planer, took it right off. It, like MS will flash off pretty quickly. The WD-40 will work, but it leaves a silicone like film, that probably won't finish so well. If I used that I would follow with a wipe down of MS. Even if you didn't worry about the finishing, it causes dust to turn to sludge pretty much.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Wax isn't suitable to offer protection.
With that said, my favorite is Wol Wax. Wol Wax is an emulsified wax applied with water and steel wool. It is a material to be sure, but don't forget that there is also a method. Search my username and you will no doubt find I have described the method before.
What does everyone think of Murphy's soap?
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(07-30-2017, 07:29 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: What does everyone think of Murphy's soap?

A plant based cleaner that many use on wood. Looking through Google about it you will find a lot of NO's for flooring, and a few Yes's for cabinets. My wife used to use it a lot, because her Mom used it. I would point out the scummy film it frequently left, and she stopped using it. I think it would depend on what you planned to use it on.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW