Exotic and figured wood UPS packs.
(07-20-2017, 05:45 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: Box came in the mail today.  I opened it.  The maple burl is incredible.  But the figured makore...I don't have the words to describe it, it just sat in the cardboard box and gleamed at me.  I don't know that there is a camera in the world that can do justice to just how those two boards look.  I know David gets to work with this stuff all the time, and I can't imagine i'd ever get jaded on seeing it.  Shoot--I could almost frame each of them and sell it as art without even planing it.

Did I mention the makore was drop-dead gorgeous??

Thanks David!!

Dave sells great stuff. I got some pre 1963 cuban mahogany a while back, and I am afraid to use it.....amazing doesn't start to describe it.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Happy to hear the wood didn't disappoint. I'm working on putting some more together. My boys are also working on some more flat rate boxes. This time I believe we may have some boxes of 12/4 turning blanks.
I got to meet Dave and his beautiful family today when I picked up some of the makore and a box of figured walnut. Incredible material; the pictures in the post do not do it justice. Got the 5 cent tour of his shop and a peek at some work under way. It was a great time.

The down side is it's a woodworkers candy store 
Big Grin , and my bank has a branch about 5 minutes away.
On a positive note, when this is all said and done I may be able to claim him on my taxes.
Laugh
Laugh 
Laugh

If he posts it.. buy it !!   Please !!!  Save me !!!!
Dave

I hope you have some Maple and other figured wood for sale in Sept for when we get back to turning.
Yes   We will need 4/4 and any 6/4 you may have.  I will not say good wood since all you have is excellent wood.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.