Cost Counter Tops
(07-15-2017, 06:55 PM)museumguy Wrote: If you go with 2cm, please give us detailed photos and an account of how it goes. I've never seen a top done in 2cm, we always use 3cm. I'm curious as to how it a 2cm looks when finished. I'm a cabinet installer so we don't get to see the end product much. I'd like to see how this turns out.

Not much different than 3cm stuff just a glue line. The granite guys here dont do 2xm stuff much because the overall cost is higher. You have to rip pieces, glue them to the bottom of the countertop, smooth the edge then profile it..  When you figure in the material cost of adhesives, labor ad that the 2cm stuff is much more fragile it doesnt make much sence to use it. 

The granite itself is not that expensive unless you are getting a blue stone. I had our countertops done with 3cm for $1600. 50 sq ft ish. Now if i wanted to have those perfect invisible joints the price would be much higher and personally the extra anmount makes more sence used as a down payment on a new car since it is that much...  That little detail isnt worth it to me even if we werent going to move. If it wasnt for having one inside corner i would have done it myself.
The kitchen pictured above was around $300 with prefab counters.  I bought slabs for my house and cost was considerably more but for rentals the prefab works well and comes in 10' lengths which is longer than most slabs.  I should have 2 houses hitting CL in the next month so I will be able to post from there
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(07-15-2017, 10:37 PM)Robert Adams Wrote:      Not much different than 3cm stuff just a glue line. The granite guys here dont do 2xm stuff much because the overall cost is higher. You have to rip pieces, glue them to the bottom of the countertop, smooth the edge then profile it..  When you figure in the material cost of adhesives, labor ad that the 2cm stuff is much more fragile it doesnt make much sence to use it. 

The granite itself is not that expensive unless you are getting a blue stone. I had our countertops done with 3cm for $1600. 50 sq ft ish. Now if i wanted to have those perfect invisible joints the price would be much higher and personally the extra anmount makes more sence used as a down payment on a new car since it is that much...  That little detail isnt worth it to me even if we werent going to move. If it wasnt for having one inside corner i would have done it myself.

I was mistaken, I assumed it 2 cm bit it is 3cm
Jim