PSA: Wear eye protection...
Not a week gets by without me hearing CLICK while using a power tool. That would be the sound generated by some random chip hitting my "protective eye wear."
Just because shooting fish in a barrel is easy, that doesn't mean there are some fish that should remain unshot.
www.WestHillsWood.com
www.HOPublishing.com
FACEBOOK: #WoodShopWednesday
I've ordered a set of wrap-around safety glasses (ANSI-rated and MIL-PRF-32432(GL) ballistic standard compliant). 

Being a progressive prescription lens wearer, it hasn't been very easy going back and forth to get the prescription inserts done, but I'm hoping to have them next week.  I also like the idea of one solution for many tasks.  So, I got a style with interchangeable dark grey, clear, and yellow shields so that I can use them while working out in bright sun or at the range.  The wrap around feature should help keep flying debris out of my eyes while taking care of mowing and trimming on the acreage.  If I mangle a shield, replacements shields are relatively cheap.

Face shield is still necessary while at the lathe, but that's OK.
(07-19-2017, 06:14 AM)WxMan Wrote: Face shield is still necessary while at the lathe, but that's OK.

Face shield is also necessary when blowing off debris with compressed air.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe