Mirror Removal Technique??
Thanks for all the comments so far, I may put some of techniques together.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
It may not be as much of a problem as I'm thinking. But if you try heat, make sure you don't have an AC vent aimed right at the mirror.

Sudden temperature changes may be enough to stress enough to break.

I think I'd try the wire, or maybe start one edge with an old flexible Japanese pull saw.

Duke
I used the 'tape it and hammer' method.  Mine were probably 4x8.  I thought it would be easier to break it (them) up and box it than try to get rid of it whole.  And it eliminated the guesswork as to where the mastic blobs were.
Tape some lauan to the surface, and use a Rotozip to cut out the drywall behind it.
Remove as a unit.
Buy a bundle of cedar shims. Drive them between the drywall and mirror. I Space them around the mirror somewhat equal and tap one and then another...... Stack shims when needed. It pulls the mastic off the drywall paper. The whole thing will flex quite a bit so don't be scared but where gloves.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
I've removed a bunch of these this way in bathroom remodels, all different sizes. In fact I've got about 8 in the shop I don't want to throw away there.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry