Another Hamburger Hand
Hearts to your FIL, and hoping for the best recovery possible.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Sorry about your FIL. Do you think his age had anything to do with his accident? At 77, I'm sure he's not as quick as he used to be.
@ daddo He was embarrassed not for what I was going to think about it but because he knew he should have had a guard on it and thus it's an avoidable accident.  I called the accident stupid because it was avoidable. Avoidable and misjudgments are completely different things, misjudgments happen, avoidable accidents shouldn't happen.  My FIL definitely doesn't think I'll look down on him for this, I've got plenty of injuries in my 40 years of WWing .  My FIL didn't give my any grief when I put a drill bit thru my finger installing drawer fronts on a job a couple years ago, avoidable btw, working too fast and didn't use clamps.

@iclark, I agree with you, guess it depends on where you are if you call 911 or drive. Good point.  Just would have hated to lose him in a heart attack during the drive.

@Bentley, I am sure his 77 years contributed to this, his vision is not what it used to be.  But I still think I can do 40 pushups. HA, no.

But my FIL is doing good, he going to be in a hurt for awhile, but he can move all digits.  Even with the accident, God smiled on him, cause his mitt still works.  Just a shot across the bow.  Thanks for your prayers guys.
I am glad permanent damage was avoided but I totally agree that I can't understand why people do not use their guards.

My BIL doesn't have the guard on his table saw and it gives me the willies every time I see him use it.