patch repairing/painting concrete porch
I have a small concrete front porch that is chipping apart.  I'm going to be renting a power washer and knocking off the loose paint on my foundation, and repainting-- would like to do the porch at the same time.  Seems some one may have patched this before, but it's chipping off.  I'd like to eventually replace the porch, but make it look better for now.  I assume the first step is to knock off the loose pieces, but then what do you i put on it before i paint it?

Colin

Thorocrete is a good product. Follow the directions.

http://www.thoroproducts.com/pdf_info/Th...lSheet.pdf

http://www.thoroproducts.com/pdf_appl/ap...ocrete.pdf
I have used a simular product by Quickcrete called Resurfacer.   The step had not been painted, but had a lot of small surface cracks on it.  First I power washed it and it has been there for at least 5 years including winters with ice and snow on it and still looks good.    Not sure if any cement product would adhere to paint.      Another product that may work is one of the deck/concrete resurfacing paints.     Roly
A couple things I see while inspecting homes.

Painted decks that rot from the inside out. The wood can't dry once it's wet under the paint. I inspected a deck a coupe weeks ago, every deck board (5/4) was rotted underneath and covered in mold. It looked fine on top... just spongy.

I see the same thing with concrete porches and steps. The painted ones tend to be in bad shape, crumbling, falling apart etc. I rarely see it on bare concrete unless it's real old. Like 1950's old.

I see the same thing on concrete basement interior walls. If there's an active leak and it's painted. The wall stays wet.

For the life of me, I don't understand the thinking behind Drylok. Why would anyone want to trap moisture inside the wall?
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

where are you located? Looks like freeze-thaw from water behind the paint.

There are several products out there. What you need is a solid water tight bond between old and new. Will need to get down to bare concrete. and CLEAN.

Look at the epoxy-concrete hybrids. Try to stay away from the Borg junk.