Photobucket disaster
I can't see that image either, Gary. It's a hopeless case of code incompatibility. Some sites can handle it, others cannot. Classic language barrier in action, I ran into this years ago when writing software code for publishers.

On the other hand, here is another direct upload from Windows Explorer to WoodNet:

A beautiful Stihl 036 resting on a 3-person  bench that I made 14 years ago. The saw runs well and the bench is still rock solid.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
(07-23-2017, 05:37 PM)camp10 Wrote: I think so.  I click on the More options button, then share options, and I do this:

Sharing options
Anyone with the link can see these photos and the people who've been invited or joined

Link to share

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dYftFVPMA0dWLZyC2

When I put the above link into 'Insert an Image". it turns into a really long string that doesn't seem to work.

Well, the sharing options part was good, but you goofed on the next part.  With your mouse over the photo you want to share, click your right mouse button, assuming you are right handed.  From the list, click on "Copy Image Location" with your left mouse button.  Now come to WoodNet, click the insert image button and paste that into the top box.  The file will look something like this:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/7ZAfym...71-h628-no

The inserted picture from it like this:

[Image: 7ZAfympqYeMAZjpzBp_5ovfQRyc3hfVlsMlWJc3m...71-h628-no]

John
I hope people aren't using photobucket and other free-level sites to store photos as "backups".  The scaling and compression is atrocious.  The only free one I've found that doesn't squash the pictures is Dropbox.  Even with them, you have to download them the "right" way to get the original file.

It's kind of ironic that we've solved photo degradation with digital imagine, but we've introduced a new type by transcoding and recompressing the original files instead of just keeping them.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(07-23-2017, 08:20 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Well, the sharing options part was good, but you goofed on the next part.  With your mouse over the photo you want to share, click your right mouse button, assuming you are right handed.  From the list, click on "Copy Image Location" with your left mouse button.  Now come to WoodNet, click the insert image button and paste that into the top box.  The file will look something like this:

I've tried that.  I get the very long link.    I'm going to try and load a screenshot as an attachment.  If it works, you can see the start of the very long link.  When I right click and choose 'Copy Image Location', that long link is what gets copied.

Attached Files Image(s)

Camp, the links from "Copy Image Location" are of this form for me:  

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/AtkqqA...26-h301-no

John
Well, that's interesting, Gary, I can now see this Pic. What did you do to change the insertion? Or, did the cloud somehow clean up its act?

I still have better luck with direct uploads:

I made three of these in my shop to hold saw chain reels that I use to make loops for chainsaws. I like them better than cardboard.
Hi Ed,

I followed John's directions albeit the insert string I put on the clipboard is HUUUUGE!

Laugh
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Does this work.......?
From mu harddrive

Attached Files Image(s)

Part timer living on the western coast of Finland. Not a native speaker of English
(07-25-2017, 02:13 AM)TGW Wrote: Does this work.......?
From mu harddrive

Yes, I can see your photo. 

FYI, the "copy image location" string is huge.  But it's just a copy/paste action, two clicks, so it's irrelevant. 

John
Nice band saw, Yes, the photo is there. You can avoid the "Attached Files" frame by placing your cursor where you want the Pic and then click on the Insert Into Post button on the far right:

I made this a few years back for my garage using red oak I believe. After LOML saw it, she wanted the whole kitchen remodeled in a similar fashion. I never got that done.