Photobucket disaster
(07-20-2017, 04:17 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: I wonder about the size of that last image - it downloaded very slowly.

Just Google something, and go to images for it, putting your mouse on them you can see where they are from. I've found any time it says Google images, they load really slowly. Conversely I find Pinterest to be pretty snappy, but I am not sure if they are hosting, or just storing images? By the way I used "Birds" as the item to view, tried "hand planes" and a few others, and couldn't find any Google images, but there were a bunch on Pinterest.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I got a message from PB yesterday that I had 3rd party links and would have to pay.  I didn't use it much but found the website horrible, ads everywhere, and I only used it to post the occasional photos on forums.  So I changed my email so they couldn't find me and deleted the account. I took the time to tell them why I was leaving, not that it will matter.  Oh well, probably go with Google in the future.
Carl

Other than Google has anyone used a different free photo site that is very good. I too will be leaving PB.
John T.
John

I mentioned above that Postimage is the best of the rest, and it is free.

Regards from Perth

Derek
Articles on furniture building, shop made tools and tool reviews at www.inthewoodshop.com
I'm glad, hopefully people will move away from photobucket. They were terrible, the pop ups and frames are ridiculous.
-Marc

(07-21-2017, 01:10 AM)Derek Cohen Wrote: John

I mentioned above that Postimage is the best of the rest, and it is free.
Regards from Perth.

Derek
I may have to try that. Flickr turned out to be a disappointment on my machine (Mozart criticism: too many notes). Simplest thing I do is to upload Pic files from a hard drive subdirectory. Most sites allow it, assuming the file is not too big. Like this one for instance:

Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
(07-21-2017, 11:50 AM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: I'm glad, hopefully people will move away from photobucket. They were terrible, the pop ups and frames are ridiculous.

Man you're right about that! I went there for the first time in a long while and couldn't do anything because of all the ads. I should have all my pictures backed up but I lost a hard drive a few months back and was trying to download a few of my albums just in case. I tried IE and Chrome and couldn't get it to work. What a freaking mess they have created. I will not do business with any company that throws so many ads up that you can't even navigate their site without upgrading to the paid version! If other hosting sites are planning to do this they need to try a different approach. Do not aggravate me with this crap trying to get me to upgrade!

Goodbye Photobucket!
Frank I've got a free ad blocker on my Opera browser, came with the free download as a matter of fact. When I go to PB I get one pop up with a picture of a camera on it. I X it out, and have never seen another pop up, just saying pop up's are everywhere.

Plus technically if you aren't paying them for their services you aren't doing business with them.

Opera Browser It's probably been out there longer than Fire Fox, certainly has been out there longer than Chrome, because Chrome is built on Opera, and uses all of Opera's security features. It's free, easy to use, and my web surfing has been much improved since making the jump from Chrome to Opera. Plus they are linked to 360 security and I'm finding their anti virus, malware killers are much easier to use, and more effective than other freebies I have tried elsewhere. Try it you might like it.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
When I look at Carolyn's van conversion thread all the photos are blocked and replaced with PhotoFlubber's kidnapping message.
That's an example of the disaster.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I just downloaded Opera and helps tremendously with PhotoBucket pop up ad blockers. Thank You!

Bentley