Photobucket disaster
(07-21-2017, 05:47 PM)Steve N Wrote: Frank I've got a free ad blocker on my Opera browser, came with the free download as a matter of fact. When I go to PB I get one pop up with a picture of a camera on it. I X it out, and have never seen another pop up, just saying pop up's are everywhere.

Plus technically if you aren't paying them for their services you aren't doing business with them.

Opera Browser It's probably been out there longer than Fire Fox, certainly has been out there longer than Chrome, because Chrome is built on Opera, and uses all of Opera's security features. It's free, easy to use, and my web surfing has been much improved since making the jump from Chrome to Opera. Plus they are linked to 360 security and I'm finding their anti virus, malware killers are much easier to use, and more effective than other freebies I have tried elsewhere. Try it you might like it.

Poor wording on my part George. I've been using their free service for many years but will not pay to decrease the ads. I understand that hosting sites need to make money but there are better ways to do it than suddenly screwing with everyone. I was using IE and had a pop-up blocker enabled. I tried Chrome with the same results. I need to enable the pop-up blockers in Chrome, maybe get a better blocker or change to Opera.

Izat better? 
Big Grin
Testing posting from Google Photo.  

This from a fishing trip a few weeks ago.

[Image: uc?export=view&id=1VEVaVTfPYloQlcTb-EkuHSxOVdVDQuVnWA]
Can't see Camp10's photo on my Windows machine. I ran into this several times also when posting Pics with Flickr. On the other hand, uploads of small images from the hard drive always seem to work:

That's a shop-made attachment to my WW vise that locks the saw's bar tight for servicing the saw (sharpening, carb filter cleaning, etc.). It squeezes the bar from both sides but allows the chain to move. The saw is a vintage Stihl 028.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
Hitting "quote" on Camps pic you will see his image string is about 8 lines long, which is 7 lines longer than any successful one I have ever seen. Usually they are half a line to almost one line long. I don't know what to do to fix that as I have no knowledge of Googly, or Amazoo images. So I think if he can't see a pic either then it's a posting glich instead of our computers not being able to see a pic. Just for giggles I used Opera, Chrome, and Innernet Exploder to try to view it, same story each time.

Camp if you can see the pic, leave the site, and clear your cache. I doubt after that you will still be able to see it, what you may be seeing is it in your memory (cache)

What I can't believe is how different this site looks, opens, and acts in Internet Exploder, all I ever use it for is banking, because banks only want to use it, sure not my choice.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I tried the instructions in jteneyk's post above.  

I searched for 'embed google photos in a web page', an many say it can't be done.  I found a page that gives instructions for doing it from your Google drive.  I followed them, but that doesn't work either?????

I'm stumped.
I figured I'd just upload photos to Woodnet. That way the thread and the photos are in one place and it'll last until Woodnet finally goes away.
Aliens haven't contacted Earth because there's no sign of intelligence here
If you followed my guidelines, all of them, then I'm at a loss for why it's not working for you.  Did you "Share" the photos under "Sharing Options". 

John
(07-22-2017, 04:24 PM)camp10 Wrote: I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  I tried the instructions in jteneyk's post above.  

I searched for 'embed google photos in a web page', an many say it can't be done.  I found a page that gives instructions for doing it from your Google drive.  I followed them, but that doesn't work either?????

I'm stumped.

Precisely why I have up on Flickr. Too many notes, too many failures. It worked sometimes and then failed later on the same site. I gave up fooling with it. Gary (above post #49) and I are on the same page.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
(07-22-2017, 07:11 PM)jteneyck Wrote: If you followed my guidelines, all of them, then I'm at a loss for why it's not working for you.  Did you "Share" the photos under "Sharing Options". 

John

I think so.  I click on the More options button, then share options, and I do this:

Sharing options
Anyone with the link can see these photos and the people who've been invited or joined

Link to share

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dYftFVPMA0dWLZyC2

When I put the above link into 'Insert an Image". it turns into a really long string that doesn't seem to work.
Test
Direct link to camphor top coffee table:

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMf...UQzP6Y6SDY

The embedded pic:

Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.