Photobucket disaster
I keep seeing references to "Photobucket disaster" on this forum. What's up with that?

Frank
they are changing to subscription based sharing I guess. 

IOW pay to share. 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

In order to do third party picture posting/hosting, you have to pay now for their service.

I could live with that, but what they are charging is almost outrageous. They are losing many accounts. They didn't even warn me- quite a few people complained about that. Suddenly my pictures wouldn't post.

I deleted all my photos (I keep them on the computer anyway) and dropped my account. They were becoming a hassle to boot- all the ads and pop-ups and if you use an add blocker like me, they give you a hard time. It was getting way too slow.

Until they charge a reasonable fee, I'll keep using someone else.
PB shot themselves in the foot and are trying to staunch the bleeding.
People are leaving in droves.
They even purposely slow down & limit you downloading your own pics to inconvenience you even further, adding insult to injury.
They can go chit in their hat as far as I'm concerned.

It took me 6 days & repeated attempts to get my own pics back.
F them & feed 'em fish is what I say.

Good riddance.
I've switched photo sites from PB due to the fees. Like daddo  I would pay a reasonable fee, but what they want is blackmail. I had intended to delete my pics there, but it was my understanding that links to photos made prior to the date for fees would still be working, so i left them there, but will put no new ones on their site.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(07-19-2017, 11:58 AM)Herb G Wrote: PB shot themselves in the foot and are trying to staunch the bleeding.
People are leaving in droves.
They even purposely slow down & limit you downloading your own pics to inconvenience you even further, adding insult to injury.
They can go chit in their hat as far as I'm concerned.

It took me 6 days & repeated attempts to get my own pics back.
F them & feed 'em fish is what I say.

Good riddance.

So Herb...tell us how you really feel!
Smile

Thanks for the replies. Guess I need to find another picture hosting site.

Frank
Google Photos is where I keep my photos.  Free up to some amount I doubt I'll ever need, easy to use and, most important to me, no ads, banners, etc.  Works for me. 

John
Thanks John
Mine still works, and every pixel I have on their site is backed up on at least one disc/hard drive/something. If they get around to me, I'll see about deleting them all. Anyone figure out how to put a bomb in there to nuke your own pics?
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-19-2017, 02:44 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Google Photos is where I keep my photos.  Free up to some amount I doubt I'll ever need, easy to use and, most important to me, no ads, banners, etc.  Works for me. 

John

John, not sure if anything will happen there or not, but just a very short while ago the $35.00 for free S&H was less than that, and it shipped to my door in around 3 days. Now that takes 10 to 15. I don't do enough business with them anymore to make the extortion fee a good choice, but i hear it is a lot slower than it had been. What I am saying is major change is afoot there, and if PB ends up staying alive with the big fee, you have to wonder if Jeff Bezos will be happy with only the few Billion he has, something somethin like 85 of them. He probably thinks they are lonely........
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW