Wobble Dado
I need to cut some dadoes (groves) in some poplar ... nothing fancy.  I don't have a dodo set but do have access to a "wobble" dado.  Do "wobble" dado blades put any undue stress on the saw arbor or any other part of the saw (table saw)?
Thanks.
That's all I had for almost 30 years, used on my radial arm saw, never had any issues-aside from the less than rigid RAS. 
Used in my TS, several times, and no issues.
Like any dado, you gotta slow down the feed speed-it takes more power to remove that wide a kerf, vs. a regular blade.
my 2 cents, anyway
Since the blade doesn't actually wobble but is fixed in place, it causes not much more vibration than any other blade or any belt.

The problem is it cuts a more rounded bottom, the "stacked" dado blades cut a flat bottom.
I have never had one, just a bunch of stacked dado sets. On stacked price is very relative to a nice flat bottomed, smooth sided dado. IOW a $20.00 stack is something to pass on, you don't start seeing good results until you are at least at 70 bux. So I imagine on wobblers the same could be true, but never having had one, I have to go with reviews done by others.

Tom Hintz says a bad idea

This one might not make a wobbler look all that good either

Moving on to video.....

This guy cracked me up, It's a horrible blade, to, well maybe i was too hard on it?

Anyhow most of the wobblers don't cut real evenly, could be a wee bit exciting to use if they start sawing up your throat plate. ????? Lotta question marks.

Now if the blade in question is a Freud SD608 you are probably more than ok using it. They go for over 250 bux everywhere, and have actual sides, and chippers like a regular dado, they just adjust for the in between cut sizes. So sides 90* to the face of the board, and a pretty flat bottom.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I've had and used both. The wobble idea is a bad one. As has been pointed out the bottom of the dado is slightly rounded. In addition, the wobble simply doesn't cut as crisply as does the stacked dado blade. But your question was not about the quality of cut. A wobble blade doesn't put any more stress on the table saw than any other blade.
As already noted, wobbles have their finish issues, but won't hurt your saw.  If you think you will be using it again, save up your coffee money, bite the bullet and get a stacked dado cutter, and don't cheap out, it will last you a lifetime.  I've had this one for over 20 years now, still works like a champ, $150 and change (I think I paid about $110 back in the day, the 6" is really all I've ever needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Freud-SD306-6-Inc...B0000223O5
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thanks everyone.  I think I will use the wobble dado ... I just need it to cut out part of the back side of some molding.  I would get a stack dado set but my saw has a 3/4" arbor and the cheapest I could find was $250 shipped.  The wobble I have has a 1" bore with inserts for 3/4 and 5/8" arbors.
I don't do dado .... too often .. so I think the wobble is the way to go.
Thanks again
You could use the wobble blade only undercutting the depth and use a router plane to finish it.  Probably a good idea with a regular dado set.   (No I don't follow my own advice.)
If you're just relief cutting the rear, unseen side (making baseboard?) why not a router?
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
I've got a sears (gasp) wobble dado blade that does just fine. Hardly any vibration, flat bottom, easy to adjust.
Had to for probably 30 years, and has been resharpened a couple of times.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020