Sprinkling salt during glue up
Didn't want to hijack the bent lamination post, but thought about the solution I saw during an episode on "A Craftsman Legacy," where the plane maker sprinkled salt over his glue to prevent creep.  I've never heard of this or seen it mentioned on here, but of course, I'm a "hack."
Use salt or grains of sand.

Not too much, of course.

Simon
For years I have used fine sand, being careful not to put it where I would be cutting. I don't know if salt would affect  the bond with PVA glues. With sand it only takes a few grains here and their.
Dang the basement is right under this thread today.............
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
no thank you I will pass on both. 

shrink wrap and maybe a well placed brad or two that can be removed  put in the lamination are faster and simpler 

The thing missed in the lamination thread was oversizing to allow for slippage. 
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Wouldn't salt rather quickly dissolve in glue?

I have used sand a couple of times, just to see how it worked.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
It's for the mechanical action, not chemical.  The sharp crystals slow the slide under pressure before they become part of the glue line.  As mentioned, sand, fine sawdust are also used, but they squish under pressure, not dissolve.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
+1

Use grains of salt or sand of the right size. I press the mating boards together slightly by hand before clamping them to avoid any creeping. This is the simplest way I have known and used to clamp two pieces face to face with the least hassle. Of course, you can also do it the usual but less efficient way: glue two boards and trim off the edge(s).

Simon
(07-22-2017, 06:58 PM)JGrout Wrote: no thank you I will pass on both. 

shrink wrap and maybe a well placed brad or two that can be removed  put in the lamination are faster and simpler 

The thing missed in the lamination thread was oversizing to allow for slippage. 
Actually, I mentioned specifically that I mill my strips at least 1/8" wide to allow for slipping.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.
Although I've never done this technique, it's good to hear that it wasn't so far out in left field!