New air lines from compressor
(07-24-2017, 08:55 AM)Aram Wrote: I don't plan on any major draw or high pressure, but ya never know. I think I can use 1/2" everywhere, but I'll run some numbers (I used to know how to calculate conductance!) to get a rough idea of whether that will choke the system. I doubt it will and hopefully can go 1/2".

If you're running air nailers and staple guns, even a long run of 1/4" air hose will have no problem as long as they can't be fired like a machine gun (or a jackhammer).  The hose itself stores enough air to fire the gun, and the relatively long time between firing events allows adequate recharge in the last so-many feet to fire again at full force.

If using spray guns, you should have a regulator near the work anyway, with higher pressure in the trunk line, so the only effective pressure loss is in the hose from the regulator to the gun. 

I'd be amazed if 1/2" pipe or tube wasn't more than adequate.  Unless you're going to run a 90 lb jackhammer, of course.
Laugh
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
(07-24-2017, 09:28 AM)TDKPE Wrote: I'd be amazed if 1/2" pipe or tube wasn't more than adequate.  Unless you're going to run a 90 lb jackhammer, of course.
Laugh

I wasn't going to. But now that you mention it, I kinda want to. 
Big Grin

Thanks for the information. Sounds like I am good to go.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site