Hitachi M12VC
Ok, I was making a cut with a top bearing pattern bit and the router slowed down and excessive sparks are seen inside. I have changed the brushes and the speed control. Same issues, no power, excessive sparks and slow speed. I'm guessing the armature is bad. Any help?

Does anyone have one for parts for sale? A new armature is $85 plus shipping. A new router is $125, free shipping.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
That is my guess also.  My Dewalt tracksaw was shooting out a lot of sparks and getting really hot.  The service center replaced the armature.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
yeah, armature bars seem to be the point of failure for dc (or universal) motors.  Can't imagine being able to do anything about it, unfortunately
I've seen YouTube videos of guys sanding them with 1000 grit paper, they claim it works. Any clue if it does?
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Might be worth a post in some cnc forums. The M12VC is used quite a bit on DIY cnc routers. Many have spares and ones for parts.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Thanks. I have a fellow Woodnetter with a great offer. If things don't work out, I'll try your route (no pun intended).

Garry