Shop jobsite silliiness
Any prior military probably know Duct tape by the name "hundred mile an hour tape".
I chuckled when I heard a misplaced Aussie call a circular saw a Skilful Saw.
A man of foolish pursuits
When framing, I used both rough and fine adjusting tools. The rough was a 5# sledge and the fine was a 2# maul.

"Lop it and leave it" meant cut a board and leave the mark.

Headache!! (from working around linemen) was hollered if something was dropped from above(ladder/on a roof/atop walls/etc.)

Thumb smasher was, of course, a hammer. There were two types, fine and heavy. Fine was a smooth faced trim hammer and heavy was a waffle faced framing hammer. The heavy hurt more and caused more damage.
" If it doesn't work, beat on it with a hammer. If it works, get a bigger hammer".

"If it moves, paint it. If it doesn't move, paint it anyway."
My dad said a tool box only needed two tools, a hammer and a bigger hammer.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
(07-28-2017, 12:34 AM)BillĀ Holt Wrote: My dad said a tool box only needed two tools, a hammer and a bigger hammer.

My brother says his toolbox only has two tools. A phone book and a check book.
Cool

Ken
My dad always called a crowbar a "rooster bar", almost sixty years laterĀ and I do the same thing...
(07-28-2017, 06:27 AM)TangoTwo Wrote: My brother says his toolbox only has two tools. A phone book and a check book.
Cool

Ken

That made me laugh. Actually it's more common today then in the past, but I and a lot of guys made a lot of $$$$$$$ from guys like your Brother, and I for one, thank him from the bottom of my heart
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW