eBay Money Back Guarantee program.
Anyone have any experience with this program?  Any information will be helpful.  I am interested in purchasing an item that is over a 1000 miles from me.
Anyone near Offutt Air Force Base that could do some looking for me?

Thank you!
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
Ebay and paypal saved me on a dumped 1236 1000lb lathe in freight shipping the eeller initiated. The ebay Item did not arrive as advertised/sold so it did not matter that the seller said no refunds. Shipping companies like ups and freight companies settle with the shipper not the receiver unless you initiate the freight and you pay them directly yourself. If freight arrives damaged take pictures and do not accept the freight and do not sign anything and keep good records and initiate an ebay case and send all communication to the seller through the case system. Also pay with credit cards through paypal to have that safety net with you too.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Also try and never pay f&f, just cover the 3% fees yourself. F&f you loose protection in case of lost or damage goods.

I am 5 miles from Offutt what do you need me to look at.  Remember if it is a truck or car it would be hard to me to go all over it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Thank you for your willingness to help, but after doing some investigation by phone at the Air Base, I do believe I was being scammed.  Should she get back with me, I will get in touch with you and give you all the details.

But again, thank you very much,

Herb
Herb
I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder for me to find one now.
My thoughts on Ebay.

Ebay thinks the seller is always the bad guy, not the buyer.
There is no protection for the seller.

Any little squeal from a buyer, Ebay will lock your account, lock your paypal account, and there you are, having to prove yourself.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I've sold many items on eBay, and the one time I had an unreasonable buyer eBay stood by me. 

You may have had a different experience, but what you write here isn't accurate.
(07-24-2017, 12:35 AM)BloomingtonMike Wrote: Also try and never pay f&f, just cover the 3% fees yourself. F&f you loose protection in case of lost or damage goods.

There are sellers here who insist on buyers using F&F. I not only think this is morally reprehensible, but I agree with you that it affords the buyer no protection if the item is either damaged on route or is not as described.

Using F&F for a business transaction is simple theft.
I just volunteer to cover the extra costs myself. I want the seller to get the agreed upon money and many times I enjoy the simplicity of paypal and the benefits it affords me.

I have had paypal help me both as a seller and buyer. I am pretty legit though and take care to deliver a good product and stand behind it. When I was a seller with little paypal transactions (under 100) it seemed I did get more scrutiny. It was best for me to just build up a history of legit transactions asap.

I also learned to always send small metal parts as usps packages and not in envelopes meant for letters. That change in billing changed the line the packages went down and the line was less automated that way. I had a near perfect shipping result after that. The letters track the envelope would get caught r hung up in the automation. It was the shipping clerks decision to ship them that way  so I had to request them going as a package and not a letter.

Sorry for more OT.