Craftsman drum sander repair
Does anyone know how to remove the drum from a Craftsman drum sander model 351.215680? A spring came out of the right side of the drum and the drum needs to be removed to replace that spring.

Attached Files Image(s)

I can't answer you r question but this web site has exploded parts diagrams of your sander that might help you figure it out.

Craftsman Parts

Mike
Mikes link to the diagram shows 2 springs marked #25 , 1 bearing mount marked #19 and 1 metric cap screw marked #20. The springs are not available. Cannot be sure but I think that they may be bevel washers instead of what I would refer to as a spring. A hardware store may have what you need if you can find out the specifications of the spring. Mc Master Carr , and other Industrial suppliers certainly will carry them. Looks to me that the metric screw comes out first. Then the bearing mount. The springs are next . From the diagram I do not think the drum is removed, the springs appear to be on the outside of the housing.
Replace both springs while you are at it. Both springs are alike, if one is still intact then a trip to the hardware store will solve the problem.
mike