Millier Falls Buck Rogers plane
While "straightening" my shop this past weekend, I came across a small stash of Millers Falls "Buck Rogers" tools, including a push drill, a hand drill, a #4, a #5 and I think that's about it! Any of you goomers use this style of Millers Falls hand plane? I sharpened up the blade, and dayam, if that wasn't one of the more comfortable #4 planes I've used!
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Pics, pics . . . . . . . 

Those planes command a pretty good price if in good condition.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I think the "new" exit footage for the Woodwright's Shop has Roy Underhil using a B.R. jack on the edge of a board.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Yep,   I want to see pictures too !!

I have to admit I think the >1960s Millers Falls planes are underrated (those "B suffix" models, even later than Buck Rogers models).   Stout castings and thicker-than usual irons.   So I'm not surprised the Buck Rogers models work very well.

Chris
Chris
Buck Rogers tools are junk. So send them all to me and I'll take care of them for ya.
Don't know how to post pics! Watched a St Roy DVD and saw Roy using the MF. To me, something about the plane is very, very comfortable, in spite of the plastic handles. On the #4, the blade adjuster is perfectly placed and sized.

I do have to add, the my Buck Rogers stuff was bought (by me) maybe a decade ago and the condition is best described as excellent or better. I have a display case of collector quality tools in one of our sitting rooms, and at least one of the Buck Rogers may end up there (#5, as it is fine or better). The #4 may turn into a user, but I will be watching for another in collector condition.
www.metaltech-pm.com
(07-24-2017, 11:34 AM)Tony Z Wrote: While "straightening" my shop this past weekend, I came across a small stash of Millers Falls "Buck Rogers" tools, including a push drill, a hand drill, a #4, a #5 and I think that's about it!  Any of you goomers use this style of Millers Falls hand plane?  I sharpened up the blade, and dayam, if that wasn't one of the more comfortable #4 planes I've used!
IMO, MF is equal to any Stanley..and better than some...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

Pics or Bust...
(07-25-2017, 09:17 AM)Strokes77 Wrote:
Pics or Bust...

'splain how to an old goat!
www.metaltech-pm.com
(07-25-2017, 10:13 AM)Tony Z Wrote: 'splain how to an old goat!

Using FLICKR (free hosting), upload your picture to Flickr.  You can have albums (i.e. folders) and you can mark the images to be private so they don't show up on the public side of Flickr or in web search engines.  But the images are still shareable here.

There are multiple ways to get the linkable URL to an image on Flickr.  Here's one way.

Step 1: Go to your image on Flickr and find the downward pointing arrow at the lower right corner.
[Image: 35352271553_bd0cf9b03e_b.jpg]

Step 2 : click on the down pointing arrow and pick "view all sizes"
[Image: 35352271363_e433caf168_o.png]

Step 3 : The next Flickr screen will give you a list of sizes you can download.  But we don't want to download, we want a URL that points back to our saved image on the Flickr servers.  Hover over the image and RIGHT-CLICK for a context menu.  From that context menu pick "Copy image address".  This puts the crazy long URL onto your clipboard so we can paste it into the Woodnet message in a moment...
[Image: 35352271253_6dfb304009_o.png]

Step 4: Return to your Woodnet message that you are so carefully crafting.  This is a good time to have more than one browser window open.  The magic button will have a floating label of "Insert an image" if you hover over with the mouse.  Click it!
[Image: 35991300632_bd0cf9b03e_b.jpg]

Step 5: When you click "Insert an image" you are presented with a dialog box where you can put the image hosted URL (ctrl-V does the trick).  And you can re-size the image to be more appropriate for your post.  Most digital cameras or screen captures are too large and will look weird in a post.  A width of 320 pixels to 800 pixels is usually sufficient.  If you get it wrong (too big or too small), just backspace or delete or ctrl-Z and insert again with a different size.
[Image: 35352271133_68a23cedc3_b.jpg]

The image inserts at your current cursor location.

Done.

Here's the help file link for Flickr with additional instructions on how one gets the URL of a hosted file.  
https://help.yahoo.com/kb/flickr/sln15714.html
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin