Shop ceiling fan recommendations?
(07-26-2017, 04:16 PM)daddo Wrote: You would need 6 ceiling fans to do any good. I have one in the shop and you have to be under it for any good air when it is really hot. It's 95* in the shop now- the only way to work out there is to turn the a/c on and I don't like paying the elect bill.

I would use a fan I could move when I do or one of those big 36" box fans.

There are industrial ceiling fans that actually push good air- check into these. (example)  http://www.airdistributor.net/c-2-ceiling-fans.aspx
28,000 cfm 56", 100 bucks. 5 year warranty.
 You can stand under one of these in the box store and feel the breeze very well and the fan is 20+ feet up. They don't sell them as I am told.
[Image: 384.jpg]

Typical ceiling fans at the box stores run 2,000 to 8,000 cfm for the same size.

I have one of those, very similiar. Dayton brand I think.
It came out of a school remodel close to 20 years ago.
Delivers a lot of air.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I have both a ceiling fan and a portable squirrel cage fan (on a shelf) in my garage.

Rarely turn on the ceiling fan but direct the portable fan to where I'm working.

It is both quiet and pumps a huge amount of cooling air -- plus the occasional dust out the big door.

Need that kind of cooling in this area.
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink