resawing
If Dad and Uncle Gene were still alive they would go to the mat with ya about that. I've seen Schwarz's mispelling before, Swarf is the goo you get on a sharpening stone, ask any machinist.
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Kerf on the table saw and then do the bandsaw to finish.  Considerably faster resaw!
(08-13-2017, 09:50 PM)Steve N Wrote: If Dad and Uncle Gene were still alive they would go to the mat with ya about that. I've seen Schwarz's mispelling before, Swarf is the goo you get on a sharpening stone, ask any machinist.  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Laugh  
Big Grin

Swarf can refer to small waste particles of any material, wood and plastic included.
(07-25-2017, 09:04 PM)artj Wrote: I have a 14" Laguna bandsaw that I purchased a couple of months ago.  Today I tried resawing some 8" wide x 7' long oak boards.  They were about 2 inches thick and I wanted to resaw them to 1 and 1/4 inches.  I am using a 3/4 inch blade, 4 teeth/inch.  It took considerable effort to push these boards through the saw and as the motor got hot, it repeatedly threw the circuit breaker in my fuse box.  Is this normal?  If not, what am I doing wrong?  Thanks

How dry is the oak? If it still has a lot of moisture content, then it will cause the blade to bind, putting pressure on the motor tripping your breaker.