Stick out like a...
Very cool build. Thanks for taking the time to photo everything. A few questions.

1. Where are you getting your Maple and Walnut? Self harvesting from the forest adjacent to your house or a big box store?

2. Dovetails on the faces of the drawers? Wouldn't blind dovetails be more aesthetic?

3. At the beginning of the build I saw you were using a bunch of hand tools, so I was going to ask if the build was "unplugged" then I saw you cut some things on a band saw.

4. Plywood? Hmmmm.......Just saying.(Nothing wrong with that decision, structurally speaking, just odd that plywood would be used on a build which had used all real wood.)

Keep up the good work. I'm impressed with your abilities to tackle difficult wood grains and make it look easy. I'm jealous.
90% of the Maple and all of the Poplar came from a shop in Virginia' scrap bin....that was his cut-off pile.

Shop I have is a Hybrid shop.....

Full dovetails is a design I mainly use, anymore...

Walnut and the remaining maple came from a friend of mine, who has trees from his place cut and sawn by a friend of his.

Plywood backs and drawer bottoms work better, for me.

Arlin asked for "Build-along posts"  soooo......
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Hmmm. Some pictures of the aftermath, from last night's Follies?
Uhoh  

After much cussing, fightin, and more cussing.
Upset ....a back was cut to size, and installed...
Cool 

Walnut plugs were hammered into place, with a dab of glue.....later, I'll trim them flush...

Poplar 1x6,  that was cut to size, using a Disston D-8 that is about the same age as I am...the saw, that is..
Winkgrin

Got all the drawers back to where they belong...

When I can get a bit of shop time, I'll finish up Drawer #4, and start on #5. 

Picked a light for the bench at a yard sale today..

Maybe now I can see what I am doing?
Rolleyes
No
Winkgrin  Think it will help?

Stay tuned...
Working on a surprise for the drawers.......will reveal at a later date......
Confused
Yes

Need to take a chisel and a block plane to those walnut plugs...

Need to reset up the jig on the bench, need the Stanley 45 to make a few grooves.

Mitre Box to saw the walls of the dados for the back on Drawer #4...then a "firmer" chisel to pop the waste out....using the same jig I used for ploughing the grooves.  

stay tuned...The front for Drawer #5 is going to be "special"....
Winkgrin
Test run on the top two drawers was done.....Drawer#1 is sitting clamped up, waiting on the glue to cure.    Drawer #2 is sitting on the bench, waiting on those clamps and some glue.   It takes six clamps for this fix to be done..per drawer.    About the same amount of clamps I have.

Once the glue is cured, I can trim the excess off, maybe sand a bit, then put the drawer back in the case....

Stay tuned..
Cool
Finally got a small bit of shoptime, this afternoon....Made some Maple Noodles..

Might be a tad crunchy...
Winkgrin made a few grooves to hold the bottom panel.   Then made a dado for the back..

Then a chisel or two to clean it out.  Test fit both the back and the drawer bottom..

Then added some Elmer's, a few clamps and a few screws..

Second test drawer is also clamped up.....as I finally got the clamps off the first drawer..

Out of picture space?
No   Ok, BRB..
Winkgrin
Backtrack a bit...

Grooves were milled to hold the drawers bottom..

Just a 90 yr old Plough plane...The dados were marked out, a knife wall was made.   Then the mitre box was used until the depth stops stopped the cut.   Then the chisels could pop out the waste..

Now, about those "offending", "Exposed" Dovetails on the ends of these drawers....
Uhoh
Rolleyes
Smirk

Meh....it will just have to do, for now.
Winkgrin   Any across the bottom or top edges, would appear too "busy"....
No

Waiting on the glue-ups to cure, before I start in again...

Stay tuned...
Hey I'm having trouble staying engaged, as I'm out pf popcorn
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

This being Monday...Shop is Closed , for today
No 

That should give some a chance to get caught...and buy more popcorn from the Boy Scouts of America
Winkgrin 

We will see what goes on next...Tuesday is just one day closer to the weekend.
Cool 

Stay tuned...and try to keep up
Winkgrin

Winkgrin ..
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020