Stick out like a...
Broken Thumb
No 

Trying to build a chest of drawers...with my right thumb in a plastic splint, because I had broken a chip off of a bone in it.....

"Plan" is for a Frame & Panel sided case out of  Maple....

Using boards like this to make the raised panels for the side.   I also have enough to make the drawer fronts.   3 full width drawers, and a pair of "half" width drawer at the top...there is a 4/4 x 13" x 49" slab to be used for a top.    Also have a few board feet of Black Walnut  for bread board ends,  face frames, and maybe a few other details....

This is a bit of other 4/4 stuff.  One plank was resawn into four corner posts, the plank under them will be rails to connect the posts into the frames for the sides...

Hmmm, need 10 rails...only can get nine?    #9 will be a "spare",  I can use a 3/4" x 3"  rail at the top.   Webframe and cornerblocks can hide behind it better. 

Needed a lot of plane work done..

Lots of grooves made ( with a Stanley #45), edges jointed, faces planed to thickness ( not all for exactly the same) even a mitre box to help make tenons..

All the while learning how to do all of this Lefthanded.    Have some use from the right hand, except for the thumb.....and it does stick out..like a sore thumb.
Angry

This little story could get a bit long winded.....three more weeks with this splint, and then a checkup with the Bone Doctor.....right now, I'm moving at about the speed of smell..on a calm day...
Uhoh

If you want, stay tuned.....might get something done...
Rolleyes
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
On a warm day is pretty fast around here.... Carry on, Lefty!

Gosh, your wood source must be really picky! Too bad you don't resaw that top.
Wood source..

Got this from Charles Neil,  one of his scrap bin boards.   He was testing a stain, and found a crack in the plank..

Should be enough 1x8 Maple in this stash, along with what is already in the shop..

1 x 4 x7' Black Walnut, and 3/8" x 10 x 48"  Poplar......Poplar MAY wind up as drawer sides?  

Frame work is slow-going..

Lots of dry fits.....need to move these Jointers around, too..

Have a few 3' long stiles to straighten out...
Couldn't hold that No. 8 to joint with.
No ....went with the No. 0-7..
Yes 

Until I started to get shavings like this one..
Cool

Flipped the board over, and joint the other edge...

Which merely needed the saw marks removed...clamped the part, and made a groove..

"Feeling Groovy"?
Winkgrin

Then made a foot at one end..

Spokeshave to clean up.  Had to clamp both stiles together, and make the feet match.  

More to follow, stay tuned..BRB
Ok, side track a bit...that yellow thing?
Confused

Is just a pencil...needs sharpened..

At least I can do this with a chisel..
Rolleyes

While those two stiles were clamped together, did a bit of layout work

Used both the rails and a square
Wink to transfer where the rails go on the other stile.   I also crosscut a couple panels to length..

More to see how many I can get out of the planks I have....and have them match up, grain-wise.
Cool  

Thumb is starting to hurt, time for a break from the heavy stuff
Rolleyes  

But...I could at least mark out how much needs jointed down on the other two stiles....this one was the "nice" one
Rolleyes

Painkiller is in my system, now.    Waiting on Dr. Feelgood to start working...leaves out working with sharp objects for a while
Rolleyes
No

Maybe later, I can try a bit more?   Not used to working this "slow" on a project..
Rolleyes
Stay tuned
Winkgrin
The remaining 8 mortises have been chopped and fitted...

Dry fitted, and set aside until I can make the panels..

As I needed to get these almost done..

I have one rail known as "Spare"...it no longer is a spare.   One of the "good" rails came out too short...
Upset

Rails have been S4S, two have a groove milled, and tenons made.   Decided to work on the last two stiles...

Need to joint them to a line..

Then add the grooves.   Once both frames are done, I can work on raising the panels.
After that?   Gets complicated...stay tuned..
Winkgrin
Great build along pictures--thanks. Hope yer thumb heals quickly.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
Thumb is trying to heal....

Raising panels....

Made a rebate around the edges, on the inside of the panels...Wards 78, and an old shoulder plane.

Did the end grain first, Used a Stanley #4c to make the bevel.  Gauge block to check for fit.   Got both ends beveled, then..

Junior Jack plane to get the edge bevels close...then the #4c to final fit..

Panel should look like this when done..

I got three of these done today... need four more made up...stay tuned..bRB.

Ok, the top one was already in the jig, I merely restarted it, then finished it up....panels #2 and #3  took a little bit longer.   Both needed ripped to width....meh.  I planed the edges to remove the wavy saw marks.....one panel was wider at one end? 
Confused We have ways....mark a line to plane too, Jack plane to get close..

Then that #4c again to smooth it out.   End grain was a tad wavy, as well....again..

Do need no expensive shooting plane..
No ..not too worried about the end at the corner....was going to be planed away, anyway. 

Used quite a few planes, today.   A little block plane, this shoulder plane, the Wards (Stanley) #78,  a Stanley (Made in England) #4c and a Millers Falls No. 11  Junior jack plane.

Once I got each panel done, I stashed  them over on the frame.   Not installed, yet.   Bottom panel needs to be brought back out, and rebates added to it.   THEN, MAYBE...I might try a glue up?    Then I get to start on the other side.   .....this might take a while...
Rolleyes
Cool
Since the jig is still in place on the bench....might just go ahead and do the other four panels.   THEN, I can clear the bench top......need a lot of room to do a glue up....and maybe an extra pair of hands...
Uhoh 

Honey-do jobs for today are completed....maybe after lunch, I can open the shop....first task will be to turn that fan ON.
Yes   After that?
Rolleyes