Bench build
So my wife came to me the other day and asked if I could build her a shoe bench for next to the door where everyone comes in and takes off there shoes, I of course said "no problem", well I have a bit of a questions I have some nice Walnut and figured maple I want to use, but it's just under 3/4" of an inch thick after planing and jointing will that be thick enough to span 50" wide? I was planing to do a 3-4" apron on the underside with supports in between, but I'm worried that top will sag under the weight if I don't add another set of legs near the middle.

Just looking for some assurance from anyone whose built a similar or close to similar style sitting bench (I used' 2" thick material I know that will hold) that only has a 3/4" top.
Here's a good tool to determine how much a shelf, or bench in your case, will deflect under load:

Sagulator

There's a place to enter your apron dimensions where it says 'edging strip'. 

You can always add a hidden stiffener lengthwise in the center to add to add to the apron support.
Thanks Joe, according to my dimensions I'm good for 150lbs per linear foot which I think is more than substantial. I'll probably still add more center support anyway, but thanks now I can just use the wood on hand rather than going to buy some.
I think they used to call this a hall bench. I could be wrong, but I built one years ago with storage below the top lid. The owner placed it close to the front door of her house and loved it . Various designs exist, some for more complicated than others. Check this one out:
https://www.themine.com/entryway-benches...17252.html
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.