lock replacement for craftsman tool chest
hey guys, someone's messing with me at work (hospital) and unlocking my 26" wide tool chest.  i've tried to find an after market tubular lock but i'm only seeing these locks for the 40 and 52" wide versions.  any suggestions that don't involve violence?  thanks so much!
Hidden camera. 

Revenge.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
Locks are fairly generic. You can probably find a replacement at the local hardware store.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
(07-28-2017, 04:02 PM)Mr_Mike Wrote: Locks are fairly generic.  You can probably find a replacement at the local hardware store.

+1
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

mcmaster has some "highly pick resistant" locks https://www.mcmaster.com/#cam-latches/=18p6oeq
I had a 4 pc Craftsman set that was built piece by piece. I wanted all 4 keys to be the same. I called Sears and ordered 3 locks that matched the key of one of the existing boxes. It appears someone has the same key as yours. The newer keys are totally different than the older ones. They will have an exact match.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(07-28-2017, 05:55 PM)museumguy Wrote: I had a 4 pc Craftsman set that was built piece by piece. I wanted all 4 keys to be the same. I called Sears and ordered 3 locks that matched the key of one of the existing boxes.

Did the same with my Snap-On boxes
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I changed the locks on a bunch of boxes all to the same tubular cam locks

Tubular cam lock is the search term that will pull up lots of options on amazon.

I bought more than I thought I would need so I would have extras to convert other boxes to that same key.

I also really like the combination cam locks but if your coworker figures out that combo they will continue the hijinks

Duke
can't you just pick a tubular cam lock with a bic pen?

If you can't, someone that's being a jerk can jam the lock with a bic pen
I appreciate all the info.  I've seen the tubular locks and would like to purchase.  my tool chest is 26" wide and has a rod coming out the back towards the back of the chest.  I guess I'm just wondering which lock works with this system?  I'm guessing I may have to take it apart to see what it looks like and do the best I can at matching it up unless anyone has any experience/advice they want to share?  thanks again everyone!