How does zero dollars for cheap casters strike you?
Menard's has another of their oddities again.   A set of four cheap 2" swiveling casters for $9.99.   Then you can send in for a "rebate" for $9.99 essentially making the casters free.   The set contains two lockable (in swivel) casters and two all swivel.   Rubber wheels seem pretty durable.

Okay.   I had to pay sales tax (in Illinois, .80) plus I'll have to send it in the mail so the stamp costs.   But $1.50 for four casters still ain't too bad.

Oh... the so called rebate is in the manner of a card usable only at Menard's for future purchases.  If you shop there a lot its as good a cash.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
Menards is my go to place. I use the heck out of their rebate system

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
(07-28-2017, 08:51 PM)Allen Wrote: Menards is my go to place. I use the heck out of their rebate system

Al

+1

Its always fun when you have a huge rebate voucher that you can use a number of times. Some of the looks from cashiers are priceless. I had one this spring that was almost $500.....kinda shocking they dont get stolen from the mail.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Sadly the closest Menard's is 45 minutes away, doesn't matter if I go east or west, same distance.

Ed
I'm not sure how the Illinois sales tax law is written, but in Ohio if you use the Menard's rebate card, that part of the purchase isn't taxed (at redemption). If it's similar in IL, you may get that tax back as well. I know a lot of folks think the Menards rebates are a gimmick. Maybe they are, but i use the chit out of 'em. I don't send them in until the last minute and stuff as many as I have in the envelope.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
If you fill out the Menards rebates online you only have fill out your information once for all the rebate slips you plan to print.
Proud maker of large quantities of sawdust......oh, and the occasional project!
Loves me some Menards. uh huh.......

Rebates, 11%, lower prices, same or better stuff, mostly knowledgeable people (meaning they know in the store where what I am looking for is located). Plywood, order it delivered when it's 11% and see if it isn't the best looking stuff you have seen. $49.00 I have it delivered. Those little semi/forklifts can set it right inside my barn, most current stack was 87 sheets. Ahhhh, not to have to lift all of those sheets, plus ordering it, and having it delivered it NEVER goes into the store, where the wood wrecking Gremlins reside
Big Grin

Bummer that the parking lot is always crowded, and you have to walk so far to get in, Bwahhhhhhh, not like Lowes and HD where you can practically park inside the store
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(07-28-2017, 09:56 PM)EdL Wrote: Sadly the closest Menard's is 45 minutes away, doesn't matter if I go east or west, same distance.

Ed

Rough life.
Laugh
Laugh

Last time I looked, the closest Menards is in Ohio. Something like a 10hr drive each way.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Yeah same here. I tried to have a 4x4 piece of ply delivered from US the other day and they wanted $88 delivery fee.
-Marc

Cheap casters for zero dollars.  They're easily worth double that.