How does zero dollars for cheap casters strike you?
Building a Menard's in my town right now. Should be open by winter. It's only 10 min. away. I have heard of them for years, but never been in one.
1st class birdhouse builder/scrapwood mfg.
I needed two sets for a couple of planter boxes I'm building for one of my daughters. Saw the ad, made the 30 mile drive, came home with them, filled out the rebate form and mailed it. It will be a while, but I'll have a $19.98 credit at Menards. Bonus for the trip: Lunch at a decent Chinese Buffet with good sushi...$7.49! Enjoyed a nap when I got home.

R.
As far as the rebates being a "GimmicK'" it is.  Anything that gets you into the store is a gimmick and this one works.  I live near a Menards and a Lowes.  I shop more at the Menards due to the store layout and checkout is faster.  However, the Lowes has better quality lumber and better lumber pricing.  I do price check on the computer before making a trip and many times Lowes has a better price on name brand items.

Back to the casters, I purchased them and may use them for an upcoming project to see how well they work.  What I have found on the Menards "free with a rebate"  offer, the merchandise is garbage.
(07-30-2017, 09:32 PM)messmaker Wrote: Building a Menard's in my town right now. Should be open by winter. It's only 10 min. away. I have heard of them for years, but never been in one.

Where I am there are a number of them around me now. There was a time the closest one was 40 miles North, now much closer. I have been to them all at one time or another, and each one, while being similar is different, especially in regard to employee's. That difference is mostly the store manager. Here is hoping your store has a good one.

That was a joke about Lowes having a better grade of lumber than Menard's, right? Around me it's Lowes is far and away the worst, then HD, Menard's is head and shoulders above them both.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I suspect that most of the folks on this forum pay occasional visits to Menards (if there is one within your area) regardless of their opinion about the store or its policies. They carry a wide range of products at a wide range of prices. I'm confident of my ability to determine what an item is worth.........TO ME........not to anyone else!

The "free" casters are an example: They are of mediocre quality but more than adequate for my purpose. I would not have purchased them if they were to be subjected to much use or abuse. The same way with a tool: If I will only use it occasionally, why pay a premium?
(08-03-2017, 09:24 AM)robert146 Wrote: .............. I'm confident of my ability to determine what an item is worth.........TO ME........not to anyone else!

Now that's a motto to live by!
Moved to TX and no Menards here...  When I lived in Green Bay a few were nearby and I LOVED shopping there....  and really miss them
Slow Dancing..... doing vertically what you're wanting to do horizontally
if they build a Menards here, Lowes should pack it in.  HD is doing great with the contractors, to the extent that DIY is ignored.  They were already obnoxious back when they had no customers, now most of the workers are just insufferable.
Those casters will be worth what you paid for them...possibly less.
RD
------------------------------------------------------------------
"Boy could I have used those pocket screws!" ---Duncan Phyfe