I'm looking for a wood supplier - wood poles
Hi there. I have kids teepee tents manufactured in Asia, but I'd like to have them manufactured in The US.

I found a textile manufacturer that can do the canvas teepee, but I need to find a manufacturer for the poles, I hope someone here can point me in the right direction.

It's a 6 pole teepee.

The poles come in 2 halves, that are screwed together. About 6 feet long when attached.

So, 12 poles per teepee.

I'm looking at ordering 500 teepees, so that's 6000 poles (12 per teepee)

They have metal connectors.

The wood used now is Eucalyptus, my supplier sources in Uruguay.

US textile manufacturer is based in CA, so somewhere in CA would be great.

Cheers.

Attached Files Image(s)

From the look of your picture I would say to do your searches for "dowel rod." For your joiner I don't see exactly that, but there are a lot of ways to get there with a combination of partially embedded male and female parts

Doable, you just need to find someone willing to do the work for what you want to pay per piece. I understand a wanting to use American labor, and being able to say Made in America. Problem is China and several other countries are providing goods for less than cost. I wish you the best of luck.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I know the big box stores carry dowels in 3' lengths of Red Oak and a few other woods but check in your area what they have.

Or you can buy a lot of 8/4x4 stuff and rip it and use a spoke shave to get them round
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
Try contacting a pool cue manufacturer.  They might be a source or could refer you to someone.
I have a good idea of what you are looking for, and cheers to you for trying to bring the manufacturing stateside. Message me and let's see if we can make it work.
Cheers, pm sent.
Any decent cabinet shop should be able to crank out what you need in short order. 

I am not in CA but the project would not be too large for even my small shop to accomplish in short order..
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Stating a length and diameter of the desired rods would also really help speed this process along.
You can try these guys.

http://www.atlasdowel.com/pages/products/default/3/
I have a large canvas patio umbrella made by Plantation Patterns. The center post is wood, 1.5 inches in diameter and 8 feet long (two sections held together with a metal sleeve connector). Plantation Patterns or other umbrella manufacturers may be able to give you a source for wood poles.

http://plantationpatterns.com/umbrellas/ -- the wood is teak

plantation patterns umbrella

patio umbrella manufacturers usa