Recommend a dehumidifier?
Soon setting up my 30 x 40 x...10? 12? wood shop in Oregon. Wet winters here.

Can you recommend a good dehumidifier?

Thanks.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
www.sylvane.com/danby-premiere-ddr070bdwdb-70-pint-dehumidifier.html

Just bought this one 2 weeks ago. This is the second Danby I bought. The last one made it through 5 years which to me is very good record. I wll be looking at it to fix. I believe the capacitor has blown but have not yet tested it. I do not use the condensating pump so I did not order one with it. I empty the bucket which is just fine for me.
John T.
it seems that 90% of all the consumer models sold in the U.S. are made in the same Chinese factory, which was made clear when they started catching fire and were recalled.  I really liked the frigidare we had that got recalled, although it had stopped working right when the recall was issued.  People should check their dehumidifier, they are still issuing money

I bought an LG to replace that one.  So far it has been fine.  The thing I like is that the drain actually works.  That was the one downfall of the frigidare.

I was going to get a good dehumidifier, but they start at a little over $1000-2000.  Probably should have done it, but that's a lot of money.
If money is no problem, then a Sante Fe or Aprilaire. Otherwise it's what Eric said, they are mostly made by the same outfit. there was a recall on dehumidifiers a year ago or so, it was almost every consumer brand because they were all made by the same company.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
The only consumer dehumidifier I've owned that lasted more than 4 or 5 years is the old General brand I bought about 30 years ago; still going strong.  Danby, Frigidaire, Solaire (I think) - all died early, some in the same year I bought them.  I had one of the Frigidaire's recalled, and got a new Comfee replacement for free.  So far it's been working fine, but I have no reason to believe it will last longer than the others.  Either spend big bucks on a high end unit or go as cheap as you can on a consumer model.  I'm staying with cheap ones. 

John
Thanks everyone.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
I recommend one that allows you to hook a garden hose to the tank.  Drain the tank into a sink.

I have one that has that option.  I drain it out the window into the flower bed in the back yard.  It is not as though there will be gallons of water pouring out of it hourly.  I drain about two gallons when I first turn it on and then a trickle.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
That last house I lived in before this one I installed a Venmar. It was about 5-6' tall and about 6"x6" square.It required a 6"diameter hole to be drilled through the wall at the top and had a louvered vent like a dryer,air was drawn in from the bottom through a filter,it also had a speed control and humidstat. Worked great,never a problem with dampness in the basement. Would install another if I needed it.They do come in different lengths.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member