Split door panel repair help needed
This door panel has about a 1/2" wide split in it.  The door cannot be taken off or apart to repair, as it's an outside door.  Any advice on what to fill it with, and how to make it look nearly as new?

Attached Files Image(s)

Unless it's a historically important door, but a new one. Especially if you cannot remove the existing door to repair it properly. If you have to keep the door, buy a cheap replacement slab to install for security reasons until you can properly repair the existing door. There is no shortcut here.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Bondo would give you a temporary fix but it looks like the frame joints are failing also. Replacement is your best bet. That door will have an R value of about 1. An upgrade might be in order.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

This door is half of a pair of old doors with a glass pane in the top of each.  So don't think I can replace or take it apart even if I took it off.
I would mount cleats on both sides of the door ( inside and out) on either side of the split
Drill thru the cleats and door- make a sandwich. Glue up the split and draw it together with clamps
Remove the cleats and patch the holes. Reps to. Done

Are those beads removable
Of course it can be repaired, but you need to take it off the hinges to work on it properly.  It's easy enough to close in a door for security purposes as long as there is another usable entry/exit.  Either install another door temporarily or install plywood over the opening and secure it from the inside.

It looks like that was a cope and stick built door.  If so, you will have to route away the molded edge on the inside all around to release the panel.  Make a new panel; better yet, two independent panels that fit back to back.  Secure the panel in place with new molding.  You can make that to look like what was there or change it to suite your taste or for ease of installation.  You may have to route a rabbet around the inside of the frame in order to have something to glue/nail or screw the new molding to; most likely you will if it is a cope/stick built door.  Not hard, just an extra step. 

John
Stop. Take an oscillating cutter remove the 1/4" bead that holds the panel in from one side of the door panel. Take out the panel and either make a new one or glue and clamp with PL premium. It's urethane and exterior rated. It works great. Cover the hole temporarily with a board. Make some new 1/4" bead and nail it in place after you've replaced or repaired the panel. I've done this before when adding glass panels to a panel door.
Everybody blamed his old man for makin him mean as a snake. When Amos Moses was a boy his daddy would use him for alligator bait!
-Jerry Reed

Larry
Saw or remove the beads with router.  Repair the panel.  Apply new 1/4 round trim to lock it in place.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks for all the great advice fellas.  I will try and remove the 1/4" bead, remove the panel, glue it up and replace.  If that fails, make a new one.  Question:  Isn't the panel supposed to float in the door to compensate for wood movement throughout the year?  Methinks it might have been glued in thus the split (which could have occurred regardless).