HANDTOOLS: #2 and Disston 10" Backsaw
A couple of worthy tools for consideration.

First is a Stanley #2 straight from my user till, two #2s are too many, so this one needs a new home.  Hard to type these, but clearly from the 30's; rosewood tote and knob are solid, plenty of length on the iron, mechanically 100%, sharp and ready to go, all original parts, no frankenplane here; one apology, this one had evidence of rust on the sole, and years ago I lapped it out to be my user, going far enough to make it perform properly then stopping, if what remains bothers the new owner he/she can continue the process but in my opinion it is not necessary, I took closeups of the sole to show what is left.  Like I said, this came right off my user till and can be in your till for $130 plus shipping; a nice little plane that I used more than I thought I would;  here's one pic, more pics are in this album:  Pics of #2

[Image: 35439510354_9321cd066f_b.jpg]

Next is a truly vintage Disston two nut backsaw, 10" length (only the 8" and 10" sizes had two nuts); medallion and back stamping put this saw squarely in the 1880s in terms of manufacture, its filed rip with 15pt, will make a respectable dovetail saw, 2 1/2 inches of plate below the back, so plenty of work left in this saw.  Handle is solid, normal chip from top horn and bottom horn from dropping, saw plate is straight and no teeth missing.  I've given it the treatment, cleaning and polishing the saw getting it ready for sharpening, so all the grunt work is done.  Some rust spots on the plate, nothing dramatic and not unexpected given the age of this saw.  Once sharp it will give yeoman's work.  A true antique ready to be put back to work in the shop.  Can be yours for $55 plus shipping, here's one pic, more in this album:  Disston 10" Backsaw

[Image: 35467936733_5408aa467b_b.jpg]

As always, first PM with an unequivocal "I'll take it" gets priority.  Please include your shipping address in the PM so I can quote postage.  I don't have paypal or any other EFT technologies, so payment by USPS money order please, unless I know you from the forum then checks are ok.

Tools that I would own (and in the case of the #2, I did for 15 years!) priced reasonably.  Thanks for looking.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
This is the best method of picture posting by the way.  Once picture to get my interest, with a link to the gallery.  

Well done.

I really want both of these.  But will resist for awhile... someone hurry.
Pm sent
(07-31-2017, 08:06 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Pm sent

Dave, aren't you looking for a #602?

Smile
I would love to find a 602 but I'm not willing to spend the cash that one would cost. People ask ridiculous prices for both no 2's and 602's on Fleabay if you can find a 602 at all. I buy my planes to use, not to just stick in a case. I can't tell you how many times I've almost bought a LN no 2. I have been looking at them more and more lately so this was a very timely post.
(07-31-2017, 08:06 AM)Dave Diaman Wrote: Pm sent

(07-31-2017, 10:41 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Dave, aren't you looking for a #602?

Smile

the #2 is sold...
(07-31-2017, 10:41 AM)Strokes77 Wrote: Dave, aren't you looking for a #602?

Smile

Nick, I guess Dave took the pressure off you . . . . . 
Wink
PM sent on backsaw.  (Two really because I said PP in the first but remembered you prefer MO.)
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
I've got two guys in line for the Disston, so consider it sold as well.

Thanks to all for looking.