Tree roots in plumbing
(08-04-2017, 06:24 AM)Bucko Wrote: A few years back I had a Sunday Roto- Rooter repair and the guy pulled out the blockage of Willow tree roots from my 4" plastic drain. After that bill I was glad to have the tree/ stump removed and all has been well since.

Did  you fix the hole in the line?  that was there before the tree roots got in...they can't drill through a solid pipe.  I half jokingly tell people the tree roots did you a favor:  letting you know poop is leaking into your yard!  Getting rid of the tree doesn't change that.  Actually probably makes it worse as the tree isn't there to take some of the minerals out of it.
Was at loml's dads house for something.....his health was starting to decline. We were in the basement, happened to look at the sump pump crock, roots hanging out of the perimeter drain pipe!

The roots from the bushes around the house had made it all the way to the crock.

I reached in as far as I could and pulled them out.....all I could do, the drain still worked.

After he passed, the new owners removed all the bushes around the house.

Ed
Ok everyone the mystery has been solved. The plumber said it was hair and both my boys have beards so going forward and until they get out of college they will change the way they trim the whiskers, at least in my house.
Plumber said no tree roots, that would be in the main line. Thanks for all of your help.
(08-08-2017, 04:49 PM)Coffee Man 2 Wrote: Ok everyone the mystery has been solved. The plumber said it was hair and both my boys have beards so going forward and until they get out of college they will change the way they trim the whiskers, at least in my house.

I have to clean the bathroom sink and tub drain once a year or so.... I've never found any of my trimmings, it is always my wife or daughters hair.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

JEESH! Resurrected some bad memories.

Had an older rental duplex with a cast iron drain pipe.

Roots from one of the nearby trees entered through an imperfect joint it seemed. Had to go over there about twice a year with a rental electric eel, and go up on the roof to clear the SOB.

But, I was young at the time and this property was needed for income so never hired a plumber to go out digging and permanently fix the problem.
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink