Pretty cool Dewalt war video
Cool war video on the Dewalt RAS building Ft Lewis in Washington. https://youtu.be/HiGH0Qsu3ak
Dennis Thomas Jr
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

"The large twenty-two inch saw . . . " at 7:14, cutting stair risers.  Yikes, that's a big RAS.  
Eek
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Pretty incredible what can get done with some good tools and a bunch of people with the same goal. 

I wonder where all the small cut offs were going.
I might still have a RAS if I could find one like the last one that had a hand crank feed with a 5/8" arbor so I could use 10" blades.

Duke

The one at 21:33. Is a 24" blade with hand crank chain feed.

Looks like they are using a dado set that's several inches wide.
Hey Dennis, ya been good?

I loved the intro music, pure USA
Big Grin

I started watching too late, it's bedtime. I'll have to come back tomorrow, it was interesting untillllll
Sleep
Sleep
Sleep
Sleep

Thanks for posting
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
thanks for that,dennis. i saw a little idea of how balloon framing was accomplished in there,too.
always intersting to see how " it was done back in the day.
I thought it was interesting how fast they were going on some of the cuts. The safety police would probably have a field day with that today.
Dennis Thomas Jr
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES; NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING, BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

They didn't buy that lumber at the BORG.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
Actually if you get a bundle of 2x material, and use it right after the bundle is popped open, your experience might be different, but lumber grades were probably more consistent back then, but that wood hadn't been laying around. The moisture content of 2x lumber is thus, now or then, that if laying around it's gonna go crawling around as it dries.

To compare BORG to a real lumber yard, you will always pay more at the lumber yard, and sometimes get much better stock. At the BORG the average guy is just looking at price, more than quality.

When LOML and I built our first, new to us, home the guy across the road was a long time framing contractor. He didn't care what our names were, he just wanted to know where I got the "incredible" lumber and cedar siding I had sourced for the build. He had always gone to the lumber yards in the area where we were building, and they had snot compared to the BORG, sometimes it's bass ackwards....
Big Grin
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW