What compound for muslin buffing wheel?
I want to try using a muslin wheel on my grinder to hone my knives and carving tools. What compound should I use to charge the wheel?

I have seen some users charge them with a white "stick" compound; I've heard I should use some kind of paste. Any suggestions?????????

Thanks.

Muslin and white rouge (oxymoron) are often used by turners to buff out finishes, but without the need to follow contour, get felt.  That way if you press too much, the cloth won't wrap around under enough to dull your edge rather than hone it.  http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.as...3072,43080

I use the green stick for metal, but you want to remember to wipe off the grease that may adhere before using a slip inside.  Best is to hand strop on leather with finest paste (Cerium Oxide?) for a bit of help, so I'm told, though I generally use my slips or felt power strop.
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
Thanks