FWW shop tip, marking saw blade
If you're cutting a Dado you may need it, I guess. However a sharpie isn't really the most precise for that.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
I don't have any trouble at all using router set up blocks. I have a more complete set than shown, but in case someone doesn't know what I am talking about, they are sold everywhere. I use them more at the TS, than the router table, usually routing I am matching a point on the stock.

[Image: 463017-1d.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Finally saw the saw blade tip. One word: Rubbish, for any fine woodworker.

Also rubbish is that Best Tip. What an insult to the founders of Fine Woodworking. Who would promote the use of a hammer and a vise, not a shoulder plane or chisel or even a router plane, to finetune a shoulder for a M and T joint?!

How low could it go?

It is ok to tune a shoulder with a hammer and vise if a woodworker chooses to when he or she doesnt have the necessary hand skill, but it is a sinking low for the magazine (regarded as the best in current days) to endorse such amateurish method as the Best Tip.

Paul Sellers, known for correcting mistakes found on FW, should better take on this in his next post. Suggested title for Paul: Are you kidding me, FW?

It should win the April 1 Best Tip Award. Yeah, definitely no renewal after the current account expires.

Simon