Powermatic 66 Installation Help
Photo 
I am new to the forum and relatively new to wood working.  Now that I have some time I decided to buy some toys.

I purchased a used Powermatic in amazing condition from a local school.

I need some help wiring it up.  Not an electrician but I do alright.  Thought it was going to be relatively easy until I saw the neutral.

I purchased 20 feet of 3 wire cable that phase electrical said is rated for up to 240v – 50amps.   I was going to convert it into a long extension cord to the outlet next to the circuit panel box.

I blew all my fun money on this saw and would rather not have to wait to hire an electrician.

Thanks in advance.

Here is an image of the panel on the saw.
I hope someone chimes in.  I'm not sure what I'm looking at here.  I'm wondering if the saw is three phase.
If it's single phase, there are two hots, a neutral and ground.  If you don't have four wires, you can get by with three.  The neutral and ground go to the same place.  I have a PM 66.
Thank you so much.

Hopefully this pic will help.  Maybe the previous owner added that?

BTW....Since you have a powermatic 66.  Any idea what was removed here?

you really need to look at the motor plate 

I appears to likely be 3 phase but this is not the place to verify what the motor is actually 

One thing about it you can still make it work but you will need to spend a couple of Ben's to get there 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

You are correct it seems to be 5hp 3ph.

Thank you for the help.

Hope the pics help.

Unless you have 3 phase power you will need to now either buy a phase converter or a new motor and controls.
Wood is good. 
Yeah you need a convertor I recommend getting a rotary phase convertor the static ones are cheap but do not operate the motor at full capability. A rotary also allows you to wire in more then one tool at a time.

Also another thing I believe I noticed was the heaters are missing in the panel you showed with the door open.

I'm not an electrician but it also appears that the PO installed some sort of convertor on the side of the saw the 3 boxes under the open door panel. Might be able to buy new heaters and see what happens plugged into a 220 source. What did the plug look like? If it hums 220 single phase isn't enough.
the phase converter is the choice for the $$$ 

easier to locate and install 

Also if you did happen to find a single phase motor that is all you need the rest of the electronics will work just fine  you just drop one leg in the box
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

The space where I will be working is actually a small commercial warehouse space. Maybe I will get lucky and the panel will be a 3 phase panel.

Already home but when I get back to the shop tomorrow I will take some pics of the panel and upload them.

Thank you so much for the help. My bonehead fault thinking all 220v were the same.

At least the saw is pretty to look at.
Smile