Extension cord repair
Yeah, that's about how it felt believe it or not. Don't want to know how it would feel going all the way through.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I had a Bostitch that had special safety nose on it. If you depressed the nose then pulled the trigger, it would only fire once, even if it bounced. Depress the trigger and you could bump nail. The Portercable nailers were bad like what you describe. Double fired all the time if you were not careful!

Al
I turn, therefore I am!
(08-02-2017, 11:11 AM)Admiral Wrote: #2  I never splice an extension cord after one went bad.  Life is too short and extension cords are cheap.

Is that ever true!

Always some cheap bastid you can donate to by leaving out at the curb, . . . or whatever!

Big Grin
A laid back southeast Florida beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor.

Wink