Fast jigsaaw table build
Video 
This is how to make fast jigsaw table, All you need is unused table and some peaces of scrap wood.

Not sure I fully understand the purpose of that top cross piece. Seems a little unnecessary to me and has the potential of being unsafe by hiding the blade like that. Click on that link at the end...........I don't think so.
Wink 
That piece holds blade stright 90 degrees
Yeah that top piece is clever because it provides a guide that keeps the end of the blade from wandering.

I agree it conceals the blade a bit, but the 20-minute version of this table might include a slightly fancier top guide that gives you a little better view.

He is using a super-inexpensive saw, too. Better ones allow you to control not only the speed but the stroke. A slightly better jigsaw in that table would make a very handy tool for a weekend warrior.
"Links to news stories don’t cut it."  MsNomer 3/2/24
And if one used bearings where blade moves, the wood would not damage too. I made this  video to show super cheap and fast way to make this tool (if needed on jobsite)   Have fun!
Is there a belief here that mounted under the table that saw is more accurate then hand held? It certainly will never be able to cut the tight radius of a scroller.

Swap that jigsaw out with a circular saw and you have what we used to call the "hillbilly TS" A lot of the we don't need no steenking guard, and to heck with a rip fence, I'll jesss hold it realll still guys thought them to be right smart
No
No
No
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW