Let's Talk Sandpaper
For most of my woodworking years I have used Klingspor sheets, 5" disk, and 2" disk and have been pleased.  Earlier I was about to place a $240 order but the $7.99 postage did not set well.  In "general" I keep 80, 100, 120, 150, 180, 220, 320, & 400 with PS33 backing and AO grit.  Klingspor is not cheap.

Is Klingspor worth the extra $?
Does Norton 3X come in packs of 50?
What do you like?
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
I like abranet and autonet and abralon paper from Mirka and also Festool paper. All those outlast my Norton paper by a hefty margin. I pretty much only buy 50 packs and I find new boxes from resellers on ebay and make offers when I buy in bulk and I look for free or low shipping.

I used econabrasives for the paper for my drumsander - been awhile since I ordered that.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I've used Klingspor, Mirka and Industrial abrasives in the past, and I prefer them in that order with IA being at the top of that heap.

I really hate to admit it for obvious reasons but Festool makes (sells, I doubt they actually manufacture it) some fantastic sandpaper. It easily outlasts my previous suppliers. I buy it in boxes of 50 for my machines and recently picked up some actual sheets the other day.
-Marc

[attachment=3515 Wrote:WaterlooMarc pid='7503699' dateline='1501788241']I've used Klingspor, Mirka and Industrial abrasives in the past, and I prefer them in that order with IA being at the top of that heap.

I really hate to admit it for obvious reasons but Festool makes (sells, I doubt they actually manufacture it) some fantastic sandpaper. It easily outlasts my previous suppliers. I buy it in boxes of 50 for my machines and recently picked up some actual sheets the other day.

The IA stuff 
    way outlasts the Klingspor house branded AO papers.  3M's "Pro Grade" stuff is good in a pinch if I'm out of the IA brand.

And IA sells 5" and 6" disks that are punched with the Festool pattern.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Some good suggestions for paper. I like the Abra stuff too, the Ryhna is good, never have done IA. For what I buy, which may differ from your shopping list I find Supergrit gives me the best bang for the $$$$$

I should add that sometimes Amazoo is hard to beat if you don't have a biggish order.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I used Norton 3X in the past. Good for bare wood, but after having problems with bright spots on dark wood end grain when sanding finish, I suspected sandpaper.
Switched to Abranet. I would also like to try Klingspor and other suggested above.
I've been using paper from Industrial Abrasives, http://www.industrialabrasives.com/ , for many years now and have yet to have a problem. So, I guess I recommend them.
If you think Kingspor is not cheap, you haven't seen prices on some other brands of sandpaper like Festool's or Abranet.  It's even cheaper than Norton 3X.  I know folks who've switched to Klingspor because it's cheaper.  For discs, I like Festool.  It lasts a very long time - especially if you use dust collection (shop vac or equivalent) while sanding.  For sheets, I use Norton 3X but it's getting harder to find at the big box stores.  It is available in 50 sheet boxes, but you have to go to the industrial supply places to find it.  Woodcraft, and Tools for Working Wood sell it in 20 packs.  Norton 3X is now called Norton ProSand.  I don't do a lot of sanding anymore since I've gone to hand tools.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill