How do you store your Allen wrenches ?
For the "L" shaped ones, do this.

1.  collect your complete set.  
2.  Get a small rare earth magnet for each.
3.  Get a piece of scrap wood, put a cleat on the back allowing you to wall hang.
4.  Paint the board some bright color.  Yellow or flourescent orange works best.
5.  Neatly layout the L-shaped allen's how you want them.  I'm assuming you want the layout to minimize board space.
6.  Take matt black spray paint and paint the whole board while the allen wrenches are sitting on it.
7.  take the wrenches off, and use forstner bit and glue to glue in the magnets at the elbow of each allen wrench.
8.  Wall hang and done.  now, the wrenches stay neat where you want them, and you immediately can see if you forgot to hang one back up.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

(08-06-2017, 07:45 AM)bandit571 Wrote: The ones I have, stay in the index holders they came in.....half have a socket attached to them, to use with a ratchet.

+1

Also, I keep some at the point of use.  For example, I have 3 in the saddle bag on each bicycle, on on the saw for the Incra fence.  I am a hobbyist, so my jig saw, circular saw, etc. are not daily users.  Therefore I keep them in their original totes, along with their corresponding Allen wrench.

I am in the slow process of setting up a new shop.  I likely will mount a magnetic strip on the wall near the bench for a set.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
The two Wera LKey sets I have came with a hinged style rubber/plastic holder like the Bondhus set above. After I bought these keys I threw out all my others. I firmly believe these are the very best L style hex keys out there.

They are part of Wera's Hex Plus line.
---------------------------------------------------
When something has to be done, no one knows how to do it.  When they "pay" you to do it, they become "experts".
Loose and in a drawer with a segmented tray in my Craftsman tool chest. Also have 2 "Swiss Army" type Allen wrench sets stored in same tray and a socket set of Allen wrenches in the large drawer of the chest.