My interest- Wood Toy Vehicles and such

[attachment=3569][attachment=3569]

Everyone enjoys pictures and seeing what others make and as I rarely post any input on what I enjoy making I thought I'd take time and do that now. Woodworking is a Hobby for me to relax and enjoy and I've always been drawn to smaller items and not Furniture or such. I have a 10'x16' new shed set up for working in thats insulated,window a/c plenty of electric with a full bench along 1 wall while I have a bench lathe and also a full size lathe,14" bandsaw along with an older 10" bandsaw along with Scroll saw and a couple of sanding items to all help me accomplish my items. I've got a few items I can set-up in the yard for more room such as the Table saw,Planer and a small jointer to break down the pcs. to a more manageable size for my work.
   Here's a few pictures of recent completions to view and I'd like to ask if anyone else here on the Forum does such work? I'm also always looking for 1/4" and 1/2" thick cut-offs to use if anyone has such. Thanks and enjoy my work-
What the Heck, Give it a Try
I certainly do enjoy your work.Great looking toys,do you make them from your own designs? You have a great talent,keep up the great work and show us more.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Good stuff.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.
Back when I worked for ShopSmith they used to feature new toys all the time in Hand's On, their magazine. I made a lot of them for donations to kids organizations back then too. Seemed like the days were longer or something
Big Grin

They don't seem to carry the stressors. or maybe frustrations people sometimes get when working on furniture, or more "serious" minded work. So they are very therapeutic after a hard days work. I would think more so if you had Grandkids
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh

Nice work. Thanks for posting.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
You have a very nice collection and I especially like the ships in the pictures.

Thanks for the great replies, I've made items from Books,Magazine  and I use a couple of web sites and Ill attach a link to my current favorite site https://www.etsy.com/shop/Lloydswoodtoyp...ount#items

Steven your ShopSmith time quite interesting and I'll agree with you on talking of stress relief. Here's a posting of more several builds to enjoy.
What the Heck, Give it a Try
Lots of good work there!
Ag
Always a shame when an American company takes a dirt nap, like ShopSmith did, but the biggest death was they just dropped years of Hand's on, and I've only found this link with just these few scant years which are available online. Prior to where they start on that page they had issues going back into the 70's I was aware of, some of the older issues had toys more like yours with real detail, the stuff they have in the "preserved issues" is mostly a simplistic version of a wooden toy. They are however very easy for the woodworking groups around America to make tons of them for kids who otherwise may not have a Christmas.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Failed to mention,I love the table the toys are on,beautiful grain and finish.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
Very nice, especially the roadster.